LCD enclosures have helped in the expansion of DOOH (digital out of home) advertising outdoors with all-weather protection that has increased the number of applications that outdoor digital signage has been used for.
Whilst still a new media, digital signage has traditionally been an indoor method of advertising and information, however, thanks to LCD enclosures the expansion seems to have no ends with LCD enclosures protecting plasmas and LCDs in a myriad of locations from petrol stations, theme parks, shopping malls and even car parks.
Advertising is just one application for digital signage, the uses of this new media are almost endless and can include:
• Public information, news, maps, fire doors etc.
• Corporate messages, employee information, health and safety information, work loads.
• Advertising, right up to point of sale
• Building brand image
• Influencing customer behaviour by targeting information
• Reduce customer anxiety, keeping people entertained or informed in queues
• Create good company image, digital signage looks far better than conventional print advertising
The expansion of outdoor digital signage has opened the door for many of these applications to find their way outside. LCD enclosures not only offer waterproof protection but due to their robust designs and solid steel casings make them vandal and theft proof too allowing piece of mind when the outdoor digital signage device is left unattended.
Its not just outdoor digital signage that benefits from these enclosures either, many LCD enclosures are installed in factories and other hostile areas where high levels of dust, water and other harsh elements would damage an unprotected LCD or plasma.