How To Choose A Zebra Industrial Printer Enclosure
Boost productivity and maximise printer longevity in harsh environments. A Zebra industrial printer enclosure houses your industrial/desktop printer in a robust, protective body.
For dusty locations, choose mild-steel enclosures rated to IP54. For washdown applications, use 316 stainless-steel enclosures rated to IP65. You benefit from shop-floor printers that work reliably 24/7 in factories, warehouses, logistics depots, food processing plants and more.
Here are three tips for choosing the best Zebra industrial printer enclosure for your business.
1. Find A Trusted Zebra Industrial Printer Enclosure Supplier
Your industrial printers are critical to your operations, so choose a proven enclosure supplier that you can rely on for the long term.
A reputable manufacturer will provide waterproof and mild-steel printer enclosures with long warranties and lifetime customer support. You should also look for an enclosure designed specifically for the model of printer you use.
Even better, find an independent hardware vendor that can supply enclosures for all Zebra models. That way, you can build up a long-term relationship with a single supplier that can meet all your printer protection needs.
2. Choose The Right Environmental Protection
By choosing the right printer enclosure for your application, you can maximise production uptime, improve printer reliability and save time and money for your business.
Think carefully about the hazards your printers face. Consider dust, humidity, temperature, washdown and chemical exposure, then choose accordingly:
316 Stainless-Steel Printer Enclosures Rated To IP65
These IP65 printer enclosures protect against jet washing and harsh cleaning with abrasive chemicals. They’re ideal for food manufacturing, pharmaceutical applications, medical settings and other hygienic environments.
The 316 stainless-steel body is corrosion resistant, antibacterial and easy to clean, making these enclosures suitable for any industry governed by strict hygiene standards.
Don't be tempted by cheaper enclosures made from 304 stainless steel. 316 stainless contains 2–3% added molybdenum, which gives it superior corrosion resistance. 304, on the other hand, will degrade more quickly under washdown. This can cause bacteria build-up and mean you end up replacing 304 enclosures sooner.
316 waterproof printer enclosures are a better long-term investment and give you maximum peace of mind about the hygiene of your facility.
Mild-Steel Enclosures Rated To IP54
For dusty locations, choose mild-steel printer enclosures rated to IP54. These industrial cabinets protect your Zebra printer from dust ingress, splashing liquid, grease, oil and physical damage.
They're ideal for factories, production lines, workshops, warehouses and logistics depots.
Both IP54 and IP65 Zebra printer enclosures have a range of other features that maximise printer protection:
- Optional heaters: Heated printer enclosures let you use a printer from 0°C to -30°C. Ideal for chilled environments.
- Positive airflow: A recirculating fan prevents heat and moisture build-up, which protects the printhead and other components from damage. Positive airflow pushes air out of the enclosure, which stops dust getting inside.
- IP-rated locks and door gaskets: Locks and closed-cell foam seals stop water, dust and fine particulates getting inside the enclosure, maintaining the IP54/65 rating.
3. Look For Features That Speed Up Workflow And Boost Productivity
Say goodbye to frustrating trips off the shop floor to collect printouts. Factory-floor printer enclosures let you install printers exactly where operators need them. Staff get a faster workflow, and your business benefits from better productivity.
You can boost efficiency even more by choosing a Zebra industrial printer enclosure with these time-saving features:
- Lockable label window: Lets workers retrieve printouts without opening the main enclosure door. Staff get quick access to labels/barcodes, and the printer stays protected from industrial hazards.
- Slide-out printer shelf: Quickly access printer roll, ribbon, printhead and settings, without uninstalling the printer from the enclosure. Simply slide the printer shelf out to access the printer from all sides. Fast printer maintenance means less interruption to your production schedule.
- Custom mounting options: Install industrial printers in the most productive location, thanks to stand or worktop mounting.
Why Choose Armagard?
Over 100,000 Armagard enclosures protect screens and IT equipment in 53 countries. Previous customers include some of the biggest food and industrial brands in the UK and Europe.
You benefit from:
- Over 30 years of industry experience
- In-house design, manufacturing and testing
- Lifetime customer support
- Five-year warranties
Each Armagard printer enclosure has an expected 10-year lifespan, making it highly cost-effective. You can use the same enclosure to protect successive Zebra printers over several years, giving you a long-term solution with a low total cost of ownership.
Find Out More About The Best Zebra Industrial Printer Enclosure For Your Business
Protect your mission-critical printers from dust, jet washing, physical damage and more. Armagard printer enclosures protect manufacturing uptime and maximise printer longevity.
Get in touch for a no-obligation chat about the best Zebra printer enclosures for your business.
Call +44 (0)121 608 7226 or fill in a contact form today.