Why work for Armagard?
Welcome to the Armagard careers guide. To help you decide if Armagard is the right career fit for you, here’s some information about us and what you can expect from becoming part of the Armagard family.
Foreword from Directors Mark Neal and Sue Owen
“Experience, excellence and innovation, three characteristics that epitomise the Armagard brand. Together, we’ve built a team that’s contributed to the company’s transformation.
2013 was a particularly memorable year, as the company scooped the prestigious Queen’s Award for International Trade, followed by the National ‘Exporter of the Year’ Accolade, presented by the British Chamber of Commerce.
These awards capture the essence of Armagard, reflecting our ability to design, manufacture and supply competitive products worldwide. We’re proud of the team we’ve established and our achievements. We can safely say that Armagard is a vibrant, bustling place to work, learn and develop your business skills and knowledge. If you’re looking for a company that excites and inspires, look no further than Armagard.”
We look forward to welcoming you as part of the team.
Mark Neal & Sue Owen,
on behalf of Armagard.
The Armagard story in brief
Starting out in 1991, Armagard is an SME with a big reputation. Recognised as a market leader in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of environmental enclosures, you will find our products in no fewer than 54 countries worldwide.
Armagard is trusted to protect hardware worth over £4 billion, with some of the world’s biggest brands including Heinz, Nestle, Rolls Royce and Tesco, putting their faith in us to supply a complete, high-quality solution.
Between 2007 and 2012, Armagard experienced exponential growth. In the midst of a global recession, the company flourished, recording an export sales increase of 3000%. Sales from foreign trade have surged since 2007, when figures represented just 6% of annual turnover; by 2012 this figure had risen to 63%. Now in 2015 this figure has risen to 70%.
A company of firsts
Today, the company continues to pioneer, introducing new innovations that add to an already established product range and industry ‘firsts’:
- • The first UK company to design and manufacture dedicated environmental enclosures to protect computers in industrial environments.
- • The only company to supply printer enclosures that can operate at -30°C.
- • The first UK company to design, manufacture and supply dedicated computer enclosures for use in explosive environments.
- • The first computer enclosure company that uses patentable technology, such as our plenum chambers, designed to maintain jet washable sealing and stable temperature.
- • The only UK company to produce laboratory airtight enclosures.
- • The first UK company whose enclosures are independently tested by a third party rather than self-certified.
How you can become part of the Armagard journey
If you’re looking for a career with a rapid growing and innovative company, then Armagard is the place to be. You can expect:
- • To learn, develop and expand your business skills and knowledge.
- • Opportunities to develop your technical knowledge in your area of expertise.
Armagard is on the lookout for exceptionally talented individuals who can:
- • Work in an SME environment taking on a multitude of tasks.
- • Use their problem solving and creative skills in design, production, sales and marketing.
- • Support our aims of continuous improvement.
- • Focus on quality assurance and getting work completed right first time.
- • Use their excellent analytical skills in the development of products and processes.
- • Work individually and as a team, be a self-starter and not require ongoing supervision.
- • Be a positive, hands on colleague with a can do attitude.
- • Continually learn to broaden your own skills and knowledge.
Ready to start your career with Armagard?
We pride ourselves on providing colleagues with an excellent working environment in which to learn and develop in a creative arena. We offer the following incentives:
- Competitive salary – Commensurate with the job role, your qualifications and experience.
- Bonus/commission structure.
- Bank holidays.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Flexible working.
Before submitting a job offer, Armagard will carry out the following checks:
You must prove your right to work in the UK https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
- You will need to prove your qualifications.
- You will need to prove you have a full and current driving licence for particular jobs.
- We will contact your referees for their reference.
- We will complete any necessary DBS/CRB/security checks and credit checks as needed.
Armagard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.
ARMAGARD LIMITED (Company No. 05345241)
Fortnum Close, Kitts Green, Birmingham, B33 0LG
+44 (0)121 608 7226